Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition
An essential resource for informatics nurses! Updated E-book now available!
Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition describes a competent level of nursing care at each level of nursing informatics practice and provides comprehensive overviews of the dynamic and complex practice of the nursing informatics specialty. Published by ANA, this book is informed by advances in health care and professional nursing practice. It contains national standards of practice and performance that define the who, what, where, when, why, and how of nursing informatics practice and is a vital reference for:
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Certification and credentialing
- Position descriptions and performance appraisals
- Classroom teaching and in-service education programs
- Boards of nursing members’ orientation programs and regulatory decision-making activities
Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition is intended to guide nurses, as well as administrators, legislators, regulators, legal counsel, and other interprofessional colleagues.