ANA offers opportunities to become a subject matter expert or an author to contribute to our ever-growing library of titles. ANA NursesBooks is the premier publisher of nursing books for the nation’s 3.2 million nurses. We are always on the lookout for new expert authors to add to our ever-growing library of titles. We are also seeking certified subject matter experts to assist in the development and delivery of educational products and programs.
Submission Guidelines for Authors
ANA NursesBooks is the premier publisher of nursing books for the nation’s 3.2 million nurses. In addition to publishing the foundational documents for the profession (Nursing’s Standards of Practice, The Code of Ethics, and the Social Policy Statement) and many nursing specialty scope and standards, ANA publishes books on nursing practice, theory, analysis, and many other nursing topics.
We are always on the lookout for new expert authors to add to our ever-growing library of titles. Authors benefit from ANA’s reputation as the standard bearer for nursing and the wide reach for publicity and distribution that we employ to ensure that our books are read by as many people as possible.
We are Interested in New Books on the Following Topics
- Professional development
- Practice guidelines
- Nursing true stories
- New nurse survival guides
- Practical ethics for nurses
- Nursing policy
- Evidence-based practice
- Nursing informatics
- “How to” guides
- Bullying and other workplace issues
- Nursing leadership
- Nursing quality improvement
- Care coordination
- Patient safety
How to Submit your Proposal
We accept electronic proposals only. Do not send hard copy proposals. Please note that all submissions should be exclusive to ANA and be your own original work. Please use the following format to prepare your submission in a Word document (note that submissions omitting any of the points below will not be considered for publication):
- Working title
- Name, detailed bio (CV), and credentials of all authors involved in the project
- Synopsis of the content of the book and description of why it will stand out in the marketplace in 500 words or less
- Analysis of the market niche for the work, including any competing titles, and how this book fits into that niche
- Proposed marketing plan for the book (i.e., where to market the book, the most appropriate formats for marketing, your plan for helping market the book with author speaking engagements and seminars, etc.)
- Detailed description of the proposed audience for the work
- Estimated number of pages in manuscript (and per chapter)
- List of any ancillary materials that will accompany the manuscript (Power Point presentations, videos, etc.)
- Timeline for delivery of manuscript
- Detailed Table of Contents to include chapter title, author, and estimated number of illustrations/case studies/sidebars/etc.
- One sample chapter (note that this sample chapter should approximate the format and length of the other chapters of the book; an intro chapter is not acceptable here)
Proposals should be saved as a Word document and sent to the ANA publisher, Joe Vallina, MSM, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Note that while we receive many submissions, each one receives an appropriate initial review. You will receive confirmation of receipt via email. If selected, your proposal will be peer-reviewed for accuracy and relevance. If we decide to publish your book, you will need to sign an author agreement, and the publication process will begin.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel