The Magnet manual describes the Magnet Model components, eligibility criteria, and the Magnet appraisal process. It specifies documentation submission requirements and includes analysts’ tips to guide your understanding. Effective February 2023, the 2023 Magnet® Application Manual is your health care organization’s primary source of reliable information and guidance, whether you’re considering the Journey to Magnet Excellence® or seeking redesignation.
The new manual includes enhanced information about the site visit to validate submitted documentation, and much more including:
- Easy-to-spot notes and analysts’ tips to help you understand Magnet requirements
- Fully updated appendices
- An index to simplify your search for pertinent information
What you need to know:
- Organizations submitting documentation in 2023 may write to the 2019 Magnet Application Manual or the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
- All organizations submitting documentation in 2024 must write to the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
- If an organization requests an extension to move their document submission month into 2024, they will be required to write to the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
Purchase the 2023 Magnet Manual here. Both paperback and e-version are available.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel